Friday, June 24, 2011

Revved up for Cars 2

So Spencer has had the date "June 24" memorized for quite a while now.  He has been literally counting down the days for Cars 2 to come out.  I'm not sure I've ever gone to a movie on opening day, but I do all sorts of things for my kids I wouldn't do otherwise.  Plus I had bought a Fandango deal for $9 for 2 tickets and Brodie and I only go to a movie alone once every two years so off we went.  The fandango deal turned out to be more expensive than I originally thought as you have to purchase online and therefore pay a $1.50 fee per ticket.  And since we went as a family I had to buy 4 tickets, each with the convenience fee.  I think the "convenience fee" should be per order, not per ticket.  Anyhow, we saved a few bucks and went to Cars 2 today.  I now remember back when we saw Tangled that I said I wouldn't take Clara to another movie for a few years.  She was difficult at the theater.  She kept wiggling and screaming (which neither of my other children ever did as babies).  Tessa was also uninterested and eager to go home.  Sweet husband, Brodie, took Clara down to the handicap area and let her play around for a while.  Then he magically got her to go to sleep for the last 20 minutes or so of the movie.  Tessa climbed onto me and was very happy when it was time to go home. 

Spencer was in heaven!  Cars 2 is a great show for a 6 year old boy.  The first Cars came out when Spencer was a baby and it was the first movie we ever took him to.  He has loved it forever!  He has basically every car from the original movie as well as a few playsets.  These were the only toys he played with for about a year and he has continued to play with them ever since.  Now that he's older he's getting more into super heroes and spies and stuff, less of the cars.  So Cars 2 is about cars who are spies.  How cool is that!  The graphics were right in line with Disney & Pixar, but the story surprised me.  Not the traditional cutsie Disney type movie.  This movie requires a much older and more mature audience than most Disney movies, in my opinion.  It didn't have as many humorous little parts or any fun songs to really grab young attentions.  And it didn't have many really good one liners adults usually find to enjoy in Disney movies.  But it was fun and entertaining in a Disney meets Bond type way.  If your child is more of a "Lightning McQueen" fan, I'll warn you this is more Mater's movie.  Of course I enjoyed watching an oval track racer beat some open wheels!

I'm hoping this weekend to get around to uploading pictures and blogging about our recent California trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment