Saturday, December 31, 2011

Build-a-Bear

Every time we pass the Build-a-Bear at Fashion Place Mall my kids ask when can they go there.  It really looks like so much fun!  But they've never been.  So when my Mother-in-Law asked what she could give us for Christmas this year, I asked if they could take the kids to Build-a-Bear and she agreed.  Costco sells 2 $25 gift cards for $40 so they gave them each a couple gift cards and an M&M sucker for Christmas.  And they gave Clara a really sweet book.  Then we met them at the mall on Friday for Friday fun day.  We were lucky enough to also visit with a couple of my nephews and a neice of mine who had spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa.  We were unlucky enough to choose to go to Build-a-Bear when we did.  It was soooo packed the line went out of the store.  So the bigger cousins held spots in line while my kids chose which bear they wanted.  The cheapest ones were $10 but Spencer chose a Clumsy Smurf that was $23 and Tessa chose a Cupcake Bear that was $20.  After they got them stuffed and fluffed and put a heart inside they chose an outfit for their friends.  Tessa chose a Rainbow fairy outfit and Spencer chose a Star Wars Jedi outfit.  They still had some money left so Spencer got his smurf a skateboard.  I found the exact same Twinkle Toe Sketchers that Tessa has (except these bear ones don't light up) and Tessa had to get those for her bear.  Because Clara doesn't think she is any smaller than her siblings I felt she needed to get a bear as well.  There was a 2011 Holiday Bear that the cashier told me was $14 by itself but only $5 with any purchase.  So I got it for her (although I was very upset when I got home and saw that I was charged the full $14) and the nice girl at the stuffing machine pretended to stuff and fluff it for her.  I let Clara choose a ballerina outfit and some ballet slippers for it so she could dress it like brother and sister.  But Clara was due for a nap and doesn't like a lot of noise or crowds so whe wasn't really into the experience.  The older kids were so excited to be there, I only wish it had been less crowded so it could have been a funner experience and so that Grandma and Pappa could have been more involved in the process.  However my kids sure love their new friends!  Thanks Grandma and Pappa!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment