Saturday, February 18, 2012

Otters at the Aquarium

The Living Planet Aquarium recently added a River Otter exhibit.  For Friday fun day we went to see these little guys.  Boy am I glad they are building a new Aquarium!  The place was packed!  We waited and pushed our way up to the front of the otter exhibit and then continued waiting until they came out of their little hideout.  It was really cute and fun to watch the two swimming, splashing, and sliding.  Then after about a minute they went back to their little cave.  We waited for a turn to pop our heads up in the little bubble into their habitat.  I think they'll be even cuter in a few months when (or if) the excitement dies down and it's not so crowded.  We then went through the rest of the Aquarium.  I've posted a few times on here and nothing unusual happened on this trip other than the otters.  As I'm not really typing this immediately after our day at the Aquarium I don't remember any cute or fun stories about the kids to relay either.  But here is a picture I took of the kids by the penguins:

Oh, but the following night Brodie and I went to a SLOC (Salt Lake Organizing Committee for the 2002 Winter Olympics) party at the Gateway.  Brodie visited with some people he had worked with while he was at the Olympics.  I ran into an old boyfriend.  Then Mitt Romney came out and spoke to all of us for a while.  I'm sure Brodie was glad we went but I was kind of bummed that I actually had a night out without kids (this only happens a few times a year) and spent it there.  But then Brodie took me to The Bohemian Brewery and Grill for dinner so that made it more worth it.  We had some pierogies for an appetizer (this wasn't on the menu as an appetizer but we asked for some and she said she could give us an order as an appetizer) that were pretty good then Brodie had the pork schnitzel which was actually quite good and I ordered the halibut fillet that said it was crusted with horseradish and parmesan.  It was alright but I didn't taste much horseradish and it was a bit over cooked.  Didn't come close to the halibut in a carrot butter reduction from the Tiburon.  In any case it was good food in a cozy atmosphere, but not worth the price.  And I think we were the only people at the Brewery not ordering any drinks.  Go figure.  The kids had a blast at my sister's.  How wonderful of her to watch my 3 kids while she has 3 of her own (the youngest is just a few months old) while her husband was working.

No comments:

Post a Comment