Friday, February 3, 2012

Princess ball and dinner and a movie

Tessa is my little princess.  She is beautiful, sweet, kind, caring, cheerful, helpful, fun, and all the other things a princess should be.  And she adores the Disney princesses, especially Rapunzel these days.  When she was 3 months old we visited Disney World but she was too little to get anything out of it.  So when I saw a deal for a Daddy Daughter Princess Ball come up I purchased it.  No, I didn't ask Brodie--I told him.  And a roll of his eyes was really the only protest I got so I told Tessa.  She was so excited!  For the weeks leading up to it she was counting down the days.  I got online and found out which princesses they were announcing would be there.  They also advertised that they would be able to ride in Cinderella's coach, which really excited Tessa.  The anticipation was sooooo fun to watch!  So of course when the day finally arrived Tessa was floating.  She wanted to wear her Rapunzel dress up from Christmas and asked me to do her hair like Rapunzel's.  I braided it slightly to the side and then filled it with a bunch of flower bows I had.


Then Brodie got all suited up and Tessa headed out with her handsome Prince to her ball.  "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes..."
When Tessa came home she was all aglow.  She literally had a ball.  She met all sorts of princesses:
 



And she got to have a ride in Cinderella's coach.



Brodie wasn't glowing as much as Tessa.  He said it was a good thing I only paid half the regular price because it wasn't even worth that much.  First of all, I had prepaid so they were supposed to get checked off the list.  He said a bunch of people were going in without checking in or paying at the door and he thinks they had a lot more people show up than they had planned on.  It was way too crowded.  They had also advertised having food.  Apparently there was a very long line for small plates where they each got a small sandwich, a cookie, and a couple pieces of fruit.  And he said the area to meet and have a picture taken with the princesses was very unorganized.  They spent so much time waiting in the lines that they didn't get a chance to dance (that was the only thing Tessa herself had seemed disappointed in).  And the line for the carriage ride was insane.  Brodie wanted to skip it, but this was what Tessa had been looking forward to most of all.  Just before they got up to the front of the line the people decided to just let the girls ride in the carriage and stop letting the dads ride with them to get the line moving quicker.  This didn't bother Brodie at all so Tessa rode with a bunch of other little girls.  I won't do it again, but I'm glad Tessa got to attend a ball while she's still at such a magical age.

Because Tessa was getting a special evening out with daddy, I asked my mom to watch Clara and I went out with Spencer.  I asked him what he wanted to do and we ended up deciding to eat dinner at Training Table (Spencer loves the concept of the phone although I've decided the food isn't as good as it is in my memory and I don't think we'll be going back any time soon).  Then we went to Jordan Commons to watch Big Miracle.  It was a pretty good show.  A good family movie.  Spencer kept asking me what parts were real.  And he didn't believe the baby really died.  My sweet, optimistic boy kept telling me, "I don't think the baby's really dead.  A little later he'll come back up."  Then during the credits they had footage with the real people the actors were portraying and I told such to Spencer but he didn't understand.  He thought Drew Barrymore and John Krasinski were the real people.  It took me a long time to explain the "actor" thing and I'm still not sure he really got it.  My Spencer is one of the most intelligent 1st graders around.  But he's never had a great grasp on reality.  I think I've been so hesitant to let go of the little boy that I've allowed him to live in the imaginary a little too long.  By the way--he's a real spy.  Don't tell him otherwise.  Also he still wishes on a star for Optimus Prime to show up in our backyard and be his friend.  I sure love that boy!  I had so much fun being one on one with him.  That happens so rarely but I really enjoyed talking and being just with him.  What a fun Valentine's date!

No comments:

Post a Comment