Friday, April 13, 2012

Chuck E Cheese and tax day

Friday started out with getting Spencer to school 45 minutes early for running club.  Then dropping off the girls at my friend's house to be babysat and I was off to work.  Straight from work to pick up the girls, then pick up Spencer and his friend who was coming over to our house for a playdate.  Then get something for myself to eat since I hadn't eaten since 7 in the morning.  As soon as Spencer's friend left we loaded the kids in the car and took them to Chuck E Cheese.  I'm not a fan of this place.  I really think if it weren't for all the commercials on the shows my kids watch we'd never go here.  It's crowded, dark, half the games don't work, few parents watch their kids, the food is awful and expensive, and it seems to be crawling with germs.  But the kids love going.  I really blame the advertising for this, but I know as a parent I am the one actually taking them.  But no more than 2 or 3 times a year.

So we got pizza, overpriced salad bars for the adults, and drinks.  The kids hardly ate because they wanted to go and play.
Then it was off with the tokens.  That's the one good part of Chuck E Cheese is that you can get tons of tokens for not much money (always check their website before you go for coupons).  Clara's favorite are the rides (car, big truck, carousel, and a few others).  Spencer wants to get as many tokens as possible so Brodie and I put them in the fast games trying to get as many as possible while the girls go for rides.



Occasionally Spencer hops on a ride as well.

Then after a very busy day of work on Saturday Brodie and I actually got a babysitter and we went out to Epic for dinner to celebrate Brodie's birthday.  When we got home we finished up our talks for sacrament meeting on Sunday.  Then I had two more days of last minute tax returns before ending the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment