Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fool's Day

So I was trying to think of some fun, kid friendly April Fool's Day pranks to pull off last minute that I didn't do last year.  Here's what I came up with this year.

First I tried to turn the kids around in their beds while they were asleep so that they would wake up with their head at the foot of their bed.  Spencer woke up while I was moving him and said, "Thanks mom I really wanted to sleep this way."  He was very sincere and I was hopeful he was sleep talking (Tessa does) but he had a full memory the next morning and thought it was so cool that I had to let him sleep the other way for a couple more nights before I convinced him to sleep the with his head at the headboard again.  Tessa stayed asleep but at some point during the night she put herself back the right way without knowing it and she had no recollection of anything as she woke up the right way.  She didn't believe me when I kept telling her I turned her around.  Well, cross that one off the repeat list.

I took the bags of cereal out of their boxes and put rice in the boxes instead.  The kids had confused looks when it first poured into their bowls and then they laughed.

I also emptied their panties and underwear out of their drawers and filled them with Clara's diapers.  I think this was their favorite prank.

Before going to bed I took a couple strips of toilet paper and drew a picture of Winnie the Pooh in Sharpie marker and then placed the toilet paper strip across the toilet.  I put it inside the bowl in the water but had the strip long enough that the edges touched the side of the bowl.  I did this in both bathrooms the kids use.  Then in the morning I said, "Hey who didn't flush?  There's Pooh in the toilet!"  And they came running and saw Winnie the Pooh (the image held up all night long).  They were amazed at how I had done that and also thought it was very funny potty humor.  And after all the times I tell them not to use potty words and potty humor.

I know I did a few other things but I have a memory problem.  I'll ask the kids what they remember and maybe update this with a few more things.

No comments:

Post a Comment