Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Boys and basketball while the girls go to the mall

Spencer got 2 tickets to a Utah Jazz game from his Jr. Jazz.  Even though I'm more the sports fan than Brodie is I always try to send Brodie and Spencer when we get 2 tickets somewhere.  Spencer's more of a mommy's boy so I try to take advantage of opportunities for he and Brodie to bond.  So off they went.  I asked Tessa what she wanted to do while the boys were gone and she requested "the big mall with the dinosaur playland".  Between her love of nail polish and going to the mall I sometimes wonder how she's my child.  But I'm glad she is.  Of course she also requested a ride in the train that runs through South Towne Mall.  It is way overpriced at $3 per person.  Really it's just a little thing that runs down the length of the mall and back.  But I wanted to make it special for Tessa so I paid the $9 for us to take a ride through the mall.  I mometarily stopped thinking of all the better things I could have spent my $9 on to watch the girls enjoy their train ride.

After the train ride we had a lot of fun playing at DinoTowne.  I mentioned it previously on this blog and have more pictures of it back then but here's one I took this time:
Clara was a maniac on the slide.  She just kept climbing up the ladder and sliding down the treacherously slippery and fast slide without letting me hold her hand to slow her down.  And 90% of the time she would look shocked at how fast she went.  Then she'd smile and run to do it again.  A few times she bonked her head but didn't cry and just kept going.  Tessa also had a blast running around, going down the slides, playing in the treehouse, and climbing on the bones.  We played here for a good hour before I told them we needed to head home.  We stopped in the food court for a snack first and then made it home just before the boys showed up.  They didn't stay for the whole game cuz they were both tired and it was a school/work night.  Another reason I sent Brodie with him rather than myself cuz I would have stayed for the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment