Friday, January 13, 2012

Gymnastics

I got pregnant with Clara right about the time Tessa turned 2.  I was tired and just wanted to sleep on the mornings that Spencer was at preschool.  But that wasn't fair for Tessa who was already missing her playmate while he was at school.  So I decided to enroll us in some mommy-baby class.  I tried the Little Gym which was fun, but pricey.  And I kind of had an issue paying all that money for self-esteem and felt I'd rather pay it for instruction.  So I began looking into actual gymnastic places that took little 2 year olds for baby gymnastics.  My friend had her 2 older girls at Bailey's gymnastics (by IKEA) so I tried them out and loved it.  So for about 6 months I took Tessa to gymnastics once a week.  She LOVED it.  Here are some old pictures I have from this class.
 

In this little class the instructor would show what to do at each station and then she would stay at the one requiring the most assistance and the moms would  help the kids at all the other ones.  I liked the equipment, instructors, and the skills that were taught and Tessa had a lot of fun.  But then we quit going for summer as I was having Clara and we do a lot of other things in the summer.  The next year I enrolled her in the older class in the main gym but I also enrolled her in dance.  I couldn't afford to do both at the same time and it seemed she was enjoying dance more so we quit gymnastics and just did dance.  This year she was adamant on doing gymnastics again so we're back and loving it.  Each week they rotate between the bars, balance beam, floor, and then either the trampoline, foam pit, rope swing, rock wall, or a combination of those.  Here's a more recent picture of Tessa at gymnastics:
Back when our neighbor gave us tickets to the U of U basketball game the tickets had a coupon for a U of U gymnastic meet to buy one ticket and get the whole family in.  There is also a get the whole family in free in general admission coupon in the Hometown Values magazine and Bailey's gymnastics has the same family pass coupon so I'm sure it's all over.  We decided to go as a family for Friday fun day.  We drove down and parked at the football stadium.  We then took the free Trax ride up to the Huntsman Center.  I didn't bring the free family coupon since I wanted to pay for a ticket in the lower bowl and get the whole family in free.  However, the lower bowl was sold out so I had to pay $5 to get the whole family into the general admission upper bowl.  Still a good deal, but I could have saved $5 if I had brought the other coupon.  The meet was against Utah State.  I love watching gymnastics and the U has a great team so I had a really good time.  Tessa enjoyed watching the bigger girls doing such amazing tricks on the same type of equipment she does gymnastics on.  Spencer enjoyed watching the uneven bars and the big tumbling runs on the floor but was pretty bored otherwise.  Clara just loved climbing on and off the chairs and my lap.  There was no flash photography but Tessa was having such a good time I took her picture while they were rotating one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment