Saturday, January 28, 2012

Spencer's Angry Birds birthday party at Jungle Jim's

So I have the problem every January of what to do for Spencer's birthday party.  It's winter so I can't do it outside, but our house is only so big.  A while back I saw a great deal for 10 Jungle Jim's passes for $37.  So I bought it and let Spencer invite 10 friends (assuming at least one wouldn't be able to come).  8 friends showed up so I still have one pass left.  Then I bought 100 tokens for $20 and gave each kid 10 tokens.  We also bought a couple pitchers of Root beer and Sprite for the kids.  I brougth the decorated balloons and cake to Jungle Jim's.  We let the kids play for just over an hour.  Thankfully Brodie was able to make it so we could keep a better eye on all the boys.  Brodie stayed in one place, at the table as a base and where he could see the only exit out of the building.  I walked around keeping tabs on the boys and helping them redeem their tickets when they had used up all their tokens.  They seemed to have a lot of fun.  The elephant roller coaster was definitely their favorite ride.  Here's Spencer with a couple of his friends on the roller coaster ride:
After the kids had a good time on all the rides, playground, and arcade games we had them come over for cake.

I feel bad one boy wasn't there when I took this picture

I couldn't believe how many people came over to see the balloons and cake.  Everybody knew Angry Birds.  After cake we opened presents.  Then I gave all the boys an Angry Birds beanbag and a bag of Angry Birds fruit snacks to bring home.  They had a great time!  If you want to see more details on the making of the party go on to the next post.

The next morning was Spencer's actual birthday. We started out the day with a pancake birthday cake:
After lunch we had cousins, aunts and uncles, and Grandmas and Grandpas come over.  They played with the Angry Birds Knock on Wood game, and with the bean bags and larger stuffed animals he had.  Then we opened presents, ate cake and cake pops, and hit the pinata.  Here are a couple more pictures:

On their birthday the kids get to choose where to go for dinner.  Spencer chose Planet Play so I got a great City Deals deal and we went there for dinner.  As excited as Spencer was to go there for dinner he threw a bit of a fit about having to leave his new Pokepark Wii game.  But we had a good time at Planet Play and then decided we've been there enough over the last few months that we won't be going again for a few more months.  Happy 7th Birthday to my Sunshine!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute birthday! These photos made me smile. Thanks for sharing the photos here. Even I have booked the most beautiful party venues in Chicago for my son’s first birthday bash. It will be a crystal and flowers themed bash and I am really excited for it.

    ReplyDelete