Saturday, March 3, 2012

Library fun, free In-N-Out Burgers, and Annie Get Your Gun

It's been a while since we've been to the library.  So long in fact that I couldn't even renew our current books online.  Between Spencer being in school all day and me working 6 days a week I haven't had time to go in.  Luckily Spencer didn't have school Friday.  I know I usually gripe at days off of school but I was really looking forward to having Spencer home for a day.  Then I remembered that I'm working Fridays during the day.  In the past I've only worked afternoon/evenings and Saturdays.  So I asked my friend who's watching the girls if she could also watch Spencer.

After picking them up from my friends' Friday afternoon we headed to the library.  The kids all chose some books and a movie and then we sat and Spencer read to himself, Tessa looked at pictures in books, and I read to Clara for a while.  Spencer chose 3 Pokemon books, a Garfield book, a Star Wars book, and a Transformers book.  I chose a few better reading chapter books for him.  Tessa chose a Hello Kitty, Barbie, Princess, and Charlie and Lola book.  Clara thinks every baby Max and Ruby board book is personally hers and she also wouldn't let go of a book called "How to Potty Train Your Monster" that is actually very cute.  Technically she's only one and I only allow the kids to choose as many books as their age, but I chose a couple more for Clara.  Then we came home and the kids turned on their movies while I made dinner.  Spencer chose an "Elmo's World" movie since I said Clara was too little to choose a movie and he's such a sweet big brother that he chose one to share with her.  Tessa chose a Curious George movie saying she would also share with Clara.  What sweet kids I have!

Oh, speaking of the library and reading.  Now through April 14th the Sandy library (I'm not sure if other libraries are also participating) is doing "Books & Burgers".  You have to sign your kid between the ages of 4-12 up at the library.  Then they give you a paper with 3 boxes.  Each box has 5 lines for books the kid reads.  Each group of five earns the kid one free In-N-Out burger.  So your kid can earn 3 free burgers in total.  Spencer always tells me he doesn't like In-N-Out burgers so I offered to buy each of his off of him for a quarter.  I love In-N-Out and have a bad habit of stopping there about once a month after Tessa's school (I used to stop by more like every other week after Tessa's gymnastics but then they made the intersection on 12300 too complicated and it wasn't worth exiting the freeway for).  So Tessa loves the place.  But as Tessa was saying how much she loves In-N-Out and Spencer hasn't been for quite a long time, Spencer decided he "thinks" he'll like it again and doesn't want to sell me his free hamburgers.  Maybe we'll make a Friday fun day out of it!

My two cute little neices have been rehearsing for a production of Annie Get Your Gun.  They had a performance Friday night so we decided to go.  Tickets were $6 but if you bought 4 or more they were only $5 a piece.  My sister bought a bunch for all sorts of people so we paid her back $15.  My mom also came with us.  The play was very well done and they had some good acting in the main roles.  My neices were very cute in their old fashioned dresses.  Then during the "parade" Bailee was an adorable cowgirl and did a cute little dance routine.  Afton was the cutest little gorilla riding on a train and waving with a huge grin on her face.  I left Clara at home with Brodie since it started at 7:30 and she's usually in bed by then.  Spencer and Tessa loved seeing their cousins on stage.  Spencer really seemed excited that his play will be coming up soon.  Of course they didn't understand the story line and at 9:30 when it was intermission we decided we'd better leave as the kids were complaining of being tired and asking when it would be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment