Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cousins and my Grandma

My Grandma's 97th birthday was coming up and I wanted to visit her.  And the office was going to be closed on Saturday so I actually had a day off.  After picking up Spencer from school Friday afternoon we headed North.  Because my sister lives about halfway from my place to my Grandma's we decided to stay overnight with her.  The kids were so excited to have a sleepover with their cousins.  My kids are only allowed sleepovers with cousins or siblings.

My parents also decided to come up and see my Grandma and take her to lunch so they also came up and spent Friday night.  Of course they didn't make it up until after the kids were asleep so I got to visit with them, but my kids didn't really.  All the kids and I were sleeping in the spare bedroom.  Aliya, Spencer, Tessa, and Clara all slept on the floor in the room and I slept in the bed.  Clara had a hard time going to sleep so I layed in there a while with her.  And the kids had me awake bright and early before 7 the next morning.  Here are a couple pictures:






















The next morning the kids had fun playing together and watching TV.  After breakfast we got everybody showered, hair fixed, moved car seats around, and set up movie players for the kids.  Tiff and her kids came with me and my kids and my parents drove a little ahead of us.  They met my Aunt and Uncle at my Grandma's and brought her to Golden Corral where we met up for lunch.  I'm not a big fan of Golden Corral but it was my Grandma's birthday and her choice.  The kids had a blast choosing what to put on their plates.  Some of it they liked and some of it they didn't.  They definitely loved their desserts.  I let my kids choose 2 items.  They all chose a cotton candy and a marshmallow dipped in the chocolate fountain.  They became a bit messy.  Then of course their Grandma (my mom) came with a few bowls full of gummy bears and M&Ms and candies from the ice cream station.  So the kids gathered around and devoured a bunch more candy.
My sweet Grandma

Then we headed over to my Grandma's house.  We beat my Grandma by a good distance so the kids had fun playing in her backyard.  I love watching the ways kids come up with to entertain themselves.  Inside my Grandma's house the kids found the toy closet and enjoyed playing with the old school toys that can't be found anymore.  Their favorite was the record player toy.  My Grandma was a good sport with all the kids and noise around while we visited with her.  Spencer gave her a Chinese lantern he picked out from the Chinese market.  He also wished her Happy Birthday Grandma in Chinese (he's learning Mandarin) and she didn't understand so I told her what he said and she seemed a bit confused.
After reviewing my pictures I'm guessing some little kid got sticky fingers on it while at Golden Corral and I feel horrible that my picture of these kids with their Great Grandma is so blury.  At least they have their memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment