Friday, June 22, 2012

City Creek with cousins

I like shopping online.  I hate crowds, I like to read reviews, and I like to quickly get exactly what I want in exactly the right size and have it show up on my doorstep a few days later.  But I was curious about City Creek.  I had agreed to go with my mom and sisters back in April but my Father in law was in the hospital and I was helping get him checked out when they were going.  They offerred to take Tessa with them so she went back in April.  Spencer had been at school and after school went to a friend's birthday party at Airborne.  In May we went as a family and Tessa gave us a tour.  She remembered where the Disney Store, Gap, Gymboree, the fountains, and Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory were.  Boy am I in trouble when my 4 year old has the shopping center mapped out and memorized after one visit.

In June my sister and I decided to go to City Creek with all the kids to play.  We started out at the fountains and let the kids go wild getting all wet.  The splash pad fountain area isn't very big.  I was thinking more like a Gateway thing so I was a little disappointed but there were only a couple other kids there so they had a blast.  And they got drenched.



 My sister brought up the idea of a person selling towels right by there.  Since there wasn't we walked to the nearest restroom and wrung out and changed clothes on the kids.  Then we did a little shopping as we walked to the other side of the shopping center.  The kids also liked the bridge where they could see the temple.  They get exponentially sillier the more they are around cousins.

At the other side we let the kids play in the dinosaur themed play area of the food court.  There are eggs to climb in, slides to go down, dinosaur bones to climb through and on top of, and plenty of dinosaurs to climb on and slide down.  They played and played and played.  Such a fun day for the kids without having to spend any money.  Of course we did spend money, but we didn't have to. (The picture of my 3 kids on the pink dinosaur was actually taken the last time we visited City Creek as a family but I like it so much I threw it in here).



No comments:

Post a Comment